Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
"Risk-free savings" could mean putting those extra funds beneath a mattress somewhere — or it could mean putting them into a fixed-rate CD that's FDIC insured!
We recommend the CD option. Choose the term length that suits you, and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with guaranteed earnings. Open your account online today!
- Risk-free savings option with guaranteed earnings
- Competitive, fixed rates
- Interest compounded daily
- Interest payments can be added back to CD, paid by check, or deposited into another Bank of Newington account for maximum convenience
- Enjoy higher rates for longer terms
- Set funds aside for future savings goals
- Enjoy rates higher than standard savings rates
- Variety of terms available (from 3 months to 5 years)
- No setup fees or monthly service fees
- Penalties may apply for early withdrawals*
- FDIC insured up to $250,000
- $1,000 minimum deposit to open
- *Early withdrawals may result in a penalty of 3 months of interest earnings.